Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's been a long time....














So yeah where to begin......




Steven and I have a wonderful little family. Alexis is such a good big sister. She almost always is willing to help out with Emmett, and practically begs to the rest of the time. She does get carried away from time to time. One of her favorite things to do is to feed Emmett when we get home from work. Her least favorite thing is of course diaper duty.



As of yesterday Emmett was 23 weeks old or 5 and half months old. He laughs and plays with you and is so excited when talk to him. Sometimes after we pick him up from Ms. Harriett's we can't get a word in edge wise because he's talking sooooo much. Which we love!!! Unofficially his first word was Dadda. Of course it was just him imitating the sounds we've been making and he doesn't understand it yet, but it still was so cute and it made Steven's day. So that being said his first word was Dadda. Oh and Emmett has become a Daddy's boy the last few days too! Normally he's all excited about Mommy, but noooo it's been Daddy since the weekend. I can't be too upset about that though, I knew it was going to happen eventually.


Emmett can roll over both ways now and he has started to get up on his hands and knees over the last week. Pretty soon he's going figure out how to move his hands and legs at the same time while he's on his knees and then we're in trouble. He's going to be a handful once he's really mobile. Actually I can't wait! He's going to be so cute. He's also getting very used to falling asleep in his crib on his own. We've been putting him down while he's still awake to make sure that he's used to his bed and so that he doesn't get scared when he wakes up in the middle of the night and he's not with Mommy and Daddy.


We've started feeding him baby foods. Right now he really likes prunes, green beans, peas, pears, and sweet potatoes. He really doesn't like the peaches so much. Maybe we'll try them again in a few weeks and see if he changes his mind. Emmett is such a happy little eater, unless we've waited to long to give him another bite and then he'll let you know about it. :)




This summer we are taking Emmett on a trip to Florida. Not only will this be his first time on a plane, but it will be Daddy's as well. This will be interesting since I will be in charge considering I am the experienced flier. I can't wait to see how Emmett reacts to being on the beach and in the ocean! My Mom has such vivid memories of the first time they took me to the beach. The only blight on this particular family trip is that we are going to be one short. Alexis will not be able to be in Florida with because she will still be at her Dad's for their summer vacation. We'll just have to plan another vacation soon where we can all be involved.


Well I need to go for now. Maybe might posts won't be so far apart from now on, maybe.....










1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is ADORABLE! I'm so happy for you Kel. I wish that I were there to see more of it... but at the same time, I'm happy to see where your life has gone. I'm glad I was a part of you "singles" chapter! Mwaa!

    ReplyDelete