Friday, November 6, 2009

Week 38 of Pregnancy

www.americanpregnancy.org/weekbyweek/week38.htm

Week 38 was the last week of October which meant I was getting a lot of pressure from many directions to have the baby by Saturday.

My doctor's appointment was on Tuesday and she said I had gone up to 1cm, but nothing more. The next day however I started having some contractions and a few other things going on, so I thought for sure Emmett was coming. I patiently waited for the doctor to give me a call back and when she did she told me to monitor the contractions. If they ever got to be a minute in length and 5 minutes apart or if my water broke I was supposed to come in. Well as you can guess the contractions never progressed into anything more than a sporadic mess.

Both my Dad and Steven's mom Sylvia were pushing for the baby to be born before the end of the weekend. My Dad was pushing because he wanted to be able to come up to Dallas and spend some time with us and the baby before he had to go back to work on the 2nd of November. Sylvia was pushing because all she wanted for her birthday was to be able to snuggle and love on a brand new grand baby. Her birthday is October 31st. Now if I would have had Emmett on Saturday I would have been carrying on a tradition in my family of grand babies being born on their grandma's birthdays. I was born on my grandma's birthday and we had a special bond that I wouldn't trade for the world. I have several aunts and cousins that we extremely disgruntled when my grandma gave me her first wedding band on my 16th birthday. My Mom made me swear to never wear the ring at family gatherings for fear that it would start up fights. Another reason the 31st would have been cool is that I then would have had two holiday babies. Alexis's birthday is December 31st, and his would have been October 31st...New Year's Eve and Halloween.

We even went out for Mexican food Friday night to spur this baby along, but to no avail. No pleading by the grandma to be or the grandpa to be would make him budge. Apparently Emmett is quite content in his current environment and there was nothing that was going to make him join us all this past week.

You wouldn't believe the number of calls, and text messages, and talking to's Emmett and I had over the weekend about him, but the weekend ended with no baby to snuggle.... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment